What is a Certified Clinical Nutritionist?
A Certified Clinical Nutritionist, CCN, is a highly qualified nutritional professional with a 4-year bachelor's degree and a 900-hour internship, a 56-hour post-graduate intensive study in clinical nutrition or a master's degree in human nutrition from the University of Bridgeport or Bastyr University and must pass the national board exam issued by the Clincial Nutrition Certification Board. The CCN focuses on how foods are digested, absorbed, and assimilated, and ultimately how food affects the body biochemically. Among the many aspects of nutrition research considered within this context are by-products of digestion, gastrointestinal health, neurotransmitter response, immune function, metabolic shifts and balance, allergic or sensitivity reactions, and systems and pathways of detoxification. The CCN's approach to diet structure is developed according to what is best for the individual-not necessarily what is a standard recommendation for the general public at large, or for all people experiencing a particular health concern. Rather than strictly advocating a pyramid or food-group-style diet, the CCN will determine the healthiest and most effective program for the individual according to the latest nutrition research and the unique biochemical make-up of the individual.
Comprehensive Nutrition Consultation & Blood Chemistry Analysis | $200.00
Individual is required to fill out Individual Health Profile Questionnaire prior to meeting with certified clinical nutritionist & provide recent blood work or laboratory tests , to include but not limited to a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel & CBC, taken within 120 days of consultation. Person receives:
- Full analysis of Blood Chemistry. There are six Subclinical Defects that tend to appear BEFORE the traditional disease “labels” surface. These markers represent the “balance markers” that the body uses to maintain its own health:
Those six defects are:
- pH Balance (Acid/Alkaline levels of the body)
- Anaerobic Metabolism (A feature of degenerative disease processes)
- Free Calcium Excess (A result of acid stress that leads to a variety of health problems and may indicate chronic inflammation)
- Chronic Inflammation (Inflammation represents the body’s attempt to repair itself, fight infections, fight cancer and rid itself of allergens – when it is not successful and can’t get turned off – the result is chronic inflammation)
- Connective Tissue Breakdown (Gradual breakdown of tissue accounts for a wide range of chronic disease conditions in people of all ages. Those that are most apparent are hernias, bleeding gums, weakened periodontal ligaments & loose teeth, a weak back, an enlarged heart, poor lung function, arthritic joints, premature facial lines and varicose veins.
- Oxidative Stress (Occurs whenever there is an imbalance between the production of free radicals and the body’s ability to neutralize the free radicals.)
Your chemistry profile gives a snapshot in time of what is going on in your body at the precise time of the draw. It “talks” to us and tells us how the body is responding to stressors, toxins, how it is utilizing supplements & nutrients, if it has stored toxins, if there is inflammation present, if your immune system is compromised and if you are getting/absorbing the nutrients you need. It reads like a road map of what’s going on inside your body and it is amazingly accurate.
- Personalized & individualized recommendations regarding how to eat to achieve and maintain optimal health & chemical balance;
- Recommendations regarding what supplements may be beneficial to offset nutritional deficiencies as well as medicine induced insufficiencies and side effects;
- Recommendations for natural and alternative means of managing current symptoms that boost and support the body’s immune function and don’t have negative side effects;
- Cleansing & detoxification recommendations as needed.
Follow Up Nutrition Sessions | $75.00
Following the initial nutrition session, many individuals benefit from ongoing assistance or “touching base” regarding different phases of their program. These sessions typically last 45 minutes to 1 hour and can be conducted in person or over the telephone at a pre-arranged time.
Health Coaching Support | $65.00/hr
Making significant lifestyle changes can be difficult and having a "partner" to navigate these new ways of doing things can not only be helpful but critical to your success. Individuals who would like continued guidance beyond the Comprehensive Nutrition Consultation can sign up for Health Coaching Support by paying a $65/hour retainer. All correspondences/e-mails/text messages/telephone conversations are logged toward this payment. When 1 hour has been reached - you have the option to continue or discontinue health coaching support. This is a very affordable way to receive continued support as you transition to a healthier and/or different lifestyle. Click here to purchase
23 & Me Evaluation | $200.00
Many clients are now taking advantage of the 23 & Me genetic testing available to the public. This test available at www.23andme.com provides 60+ personalized genetic reports on your health, traits and ancestry and gives us additional information regarding the management of significant health impacting genetic variations such as MTHFR, BHMT, CBS & ACAT. During this session – I evaluate your 23 & Me test results in conjunction with your existing health symptoms, conditions and illnesses. The more information we have, the more individualized the recommendations can be. This evaluation is typically conducted following a Comprehensive Nutrition Consultation & Blood Chemistry Analysis. Due to the amount of information covered in this evaluation, it is highly recommended that the consultation be split into two 1 hour sessions.
REFRESHER Session | $100.00
This is for the inactive client who at one point went through the Comprehensive Nutrition Consultation & Blood Chemistry Analysis and is now returning with a new or unresolved health issue.
Diabetic Self Management Seminar | $20.00
You have been diagnosed with Diabetes, Pre-Diabetes, Insulin Resistance, PCOS or have found it impossible to lose weight -- so what next? This seminar has the answers! You will be instructed and motivated by Certified Clinical Nutritionist & Fitness Trainer, Donna Hetrick, who has been helping people manage their health for over 25 years. Donna is also a Certified Blood Chemistry Analyst which enables her to help others achieve nutritional balance and manage blood sugar levels with healthy lifestyle choices.
This seminar is held every other month. To find out when the next seminar is scheduled, go to EVENTS